Quick facts about acne:
- Acne affects nearly 20% or 5.6 million Canadians.
- Acne affects about 90 per cent of adolescents and 20-30 per cent of adults aged 20 to 40 years.
- More than 80 per cent of acne sufferers are between the ages of 12 and 24.
- Acne affects the face in 99% of cases.
- Infant acne affects approximately 20% of new born babies.
- Acne usually starts around puberty and lasts until adulthood, although it can persist for many more years, regardless of age.
- About 25% of teens will still have acne at age 25.
- Women make up 75% of adult cases of acne